College of Life Sciences Scholarship Application Form
for Fall/Winter scholarships
The application form for the College of Life Sciences Scholarships will be used
to apply for BOTH college scholarships and departmental scholarships from your respective
department. You only need to complete the form once, it will be forwarded to
your department after college scholarship selections are made.
Apply here for:
- College of Life Sciences Private Scholarships
- Approximately 150 different privately donated scholarships for undergraduate
- Academic Scholarships
- Need-based Scholarships
- Other contributing criteria include service, leadership, nationality, hometown,
major, emphasis, dependent children, ethnicity, etc.
- One application online allows students to apply for all scholarships for which they
- Departmental Private Scholarships
Who should apply?
- Full-time undergraduate students enrolled for 12 or more credit
hours and officially admitted (enrolled in a major) in the College of Life Sciences.
- Full-time undergraduate transfer students enrolled for 12 or more credit hours
in their first semester at BYU enrolled in a major in the College of Life Sciences.
Grades must be available before scholarships are awarded—about May 1.
Who should not apply?
- Part-time students. University policy states that undergraduates must carry 12 hours
to be eligible for scholarship assistance in fall/winter.
- Students who have been awarded 8 semesters of scholarships, excluding Spring and
- Students who will have over 160 total hours after the current Winter Semester, excluding
Advanced Placement credit.
- Students who have a Hinckley Presidential Scholarship, a Heritage Scholarship, or
a National Merit Scholarship.
- Students who have already received a University Scholarship award from BYU (2 semesters,
full tuition) for the upcoming academic year.
Note: You may return to this online application
and edit your information any time before the deadline.
- While students with a GPA of 3.7 or above stand the best chance of receiving a University Scholarship, any student wishing to be considered for a College Scholarship, regardless of GPA, must apply for a University Scholarship. Otherwise you
will not be considered
for a College Scholarship. There is one exception and that is students applying for a Need-Based Scholarship only.
- Complete the online application before the deadline.
- Letters of Recommendation must be submitted on-line. Instructions will be
given at step 6 as you complete the application form.
I certify that the information I will
provide in this application packet is true and accurate.
For questions or comments contact:
The online application will be available until